Tuesday, August 19, 2008

You can't always get what you want...

I'm on the hunt for a variety of items for sorority recruitment and I have mere days to find them. Thus, on both Sunday and yesterday I went in search of the aforementioned items. Sadly I did not find the clothing I needed. Apparently navy dresses are not in style. It goes without saying that I found plenty that I did not need but now either desperately want or guiltily own.

First up was Anthropologie. I was hoping to find a dress in the sales rack. Instead I found 3 dresses at full price that I am determined to own and then a fourth online. The one I love the most is the 'Cupcake Shift'. It is a bright coral and utterly irresistible. I love that it has pockets! Sadly, the price is a bit steep for a solid color cotton shift. I'm hoping that the price drops but if not, I might just have to suck it up. The second dress is a pretty purple print and the third is a solid mustard yellow with buttons and detail down the front. To be perfectly honest I'm not entirely sure about the mustard yellow on my skin but it's a cute dress and I'll certainly buy it if it goes on sale. The last dress which I've only seen online is a navy colored dress with kimono like stylings. Since I'm actually looking for a navy dress, I might end up buying that one.

After lusting after dresses in Anthropologie, I headed over to MAC. Now I don't quite get all the hype over MAC cosmetics. I once bought the foundation powder compact and I hated it. MAC products tend to be way too heavy for my taste and I often think their staff look like drag queens. For foundation I now use Bare Escentuals and I highly recommend it. The only MAC products I still use are the eyeshadows. They simply have a wider variety of colors that almost any other company and I love the ability to make your own palettes. I picked up a pretty metallic green to change it up a bit and a light brown that matches my skin tone for blending. I don't buy makeup that often so I'm excited to try my new stuff out.

No comments: