Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm just not that into you...

I hate making returns but it's the understood consequence of online shopping. I have a tendency to hoard to-be-returned items and only deal with them once they threaten to take over my entire room. Of late the results of my online scouring have been underwhelming so I've been forced to concern myself with the matter of refunds and exchanges.

The first to go back was the Nieves Lavi dress from Shop Bop. I originally purchased it in a size medium. It arrived and it was immediately clear that it was huge. I exchanged it hoping that once it actually fit that I would like it. No such luck and now it is on its way back.

The second item going back are the Bombay heels from Max Studio. They were gorgeous online and in person. However, when I went to wear them for my friends wedding the buckle on the right heel broke. I suppose it is fixable but I don't want to pay full price for shoes that I have to fix 20 minutes after taking them out of the box. Once I get my lazy butt to the post office they too will be headed back and thankfully with a full refund despite it having been longer than the 20 day return policy allows.

Lastly, I'm returning one or both pairs of the Madison by Dolce Vita heels. Neither pair fits extremely well. The 8.5 is the perfect length but is tight in the toe box. The 9 is great as far as width is concerned but too long. I love them and I've wanted a pair of nude heels for so long but I hate the idea of buying shoes that don't fit me perfectly. I'm going to strut around the apartment a bit more with both pairs and see how it goes. Maybe the 8.5 will stretch a bit or perhaps with a heel grip the 9 will work. Otherwise it's adios to both.

No comments: