Sunday, June 29, 2008

Reaching for new heights

Handbags and heels are my weaknesses. Hence the name of this blog. I obviously love all other attire but handbags and heels are where the biggest portion of my money goes. They can spice up any outfit and no matter how your weight might fluctuate, they will always fit and always make you look amazing.

I haven't bought a major handbag in awhile. I've been waiting because I don't know what I want exactly. However, I know exactly what I want when it comes to shoes. I need a variety of practical shoes, including a white pair of Vans slipons, low black heels, and a pair of cute but comfortable sandals. I think I may have found the solution to that last need. These DV by Dolce Vita sandals are adorable. The silver will match so many different outfits and while they fit perfectly with the current trends, they have their own little flair to them.

Unfortunately, not all of my footwear desires are this practical. I have a great love for heels. As far as I am concerned, it is possible to own 5 pairs of black heels and still need more. I recently bought these, the Dolce Vita Madison. They're so sexy. I've been looking for nude pumps for awhile so these are perfect. I just have to decide whether or not to keep them. Yes, I love them but neither the 8.5 or 9 fits just right. The 8.5 is too tight in the toe box but the 9 is a bit too long. I think with a heel grip the 9 will work but I can't be entirely sure. I do want them though and I can justify this purchase with sorority fall recruitment. They'll be perfect. Who cares if I'll tower over all the pledges? I'll be a giant but a giant with killer heels and hot gams.

No comments: