Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hot damn!

It has been soooo HOT in Berkeley the last few days. Yesterday and today were both in the 90's. Now, compared to SoCal summers that's not too bad but we're talking April in NorCal. It's ridiculous. It's the kind of hot that makes you unable to do anything because not only is it hot outdoors but indoors too because there's no air conditioning in this half of the state.

The problem with this heat, besides the obvious discomfort, is that fashion goes right out the window. In the tug-o-war between comfort and fashion, on a hot day comfort wins. On days like today, all I want to wear is a thin, loose tank and shorts with my Rainbow sandals. My hair is thrown up to get it off my neck and I don't even attempt to put on makeup because it will melt off anyways.

This isn't to say that you can't be fashionable on a hot day. I see girls around campus who definitely accomplish it but when I feel disgusting the minute I step out of the shower, I simply can't be bothered to try. So I guess my question is, how do you deal with the hot summer temperatures? What are your go to outfits to look cute in the sweltering heat?

No comments: