Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Black Friday Haul

You will never find me lined up at 3 am in front of a store on Black Friday. Well, never say never. I guess if Nordstroms or Saks did something akin to what Wal-Mart does, then yes, I'd be up there with the craziest ones fighting tooth and nail. However, they don't. There are discounts but nothing so tempting as to lure me out of bed in the wee hours of the morning. Instead, my Black Friday was a pretty casual affair. My mother and I went to Victoria Garden's and poked around. I found a grey boyfriend cardigan on sale at Anthropologie, a tank at American Apparel, 2 pairs of jeans at Express, a carry-on size suitcase at Macy's and a dress at White House/Black Market. The suitcase was a pretty good deal. It's Samsonite and has the wheels that go in all directions. I wasn't really on the hunt for luggage but I've been needing one this size. As for the dress, it's dreamy. I don't normally shop there but there was a sale sign so I stepped inside. On the rack it didn't look like much but on, it's gorgeous. It's a black strapless number with chiffon pleats on top. I would post a picture but it's no longer online at the website. I'm thinking it might be a good New Year's Eve dress.

No comments: